Update your spring looks with stripes!
With spring around the corner in the Northern hemisphere, stripes is coming back to the fashion game! Many fashion magazines have predicted this trend will make a major comeback and I have posted this before. See how you can recreate your spring look with stripes.
Alexandre Vauthier SS17 Couture Look 17
AG SS17 Look 2
AG SS17 Look 15
Alice + Olivia SS17 Look 2
Alice + Olivia SS17 Look 4
Balenciaga SS17 Look 7
Altuzarra SS17 Look 23
Altuzarra SS17 Look 12
Guilt-free and gluten free!
This Easter break treat yourself to these guilt free and gluten free ice cream. It is easy to make and suitable for people of various dietary requirements.
- 4 peaches
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Peel and slice peaches, then freeze until firm, about 1 hour. If using purchased frozen, you can obviously skip this step.
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend together the coconut milk, honey, lemon juice, vanilla and salt with the frozen peaches until creamy and smooth.
- Serve immediately soft-serve-style, or freeze covered until frozen solid, about 6 hours. To serve, allow ice cream to stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving to be scoop-able.
Catch up on all my Instagram snaps!
ICYMI, here are some of my latest snaps from my Instagram. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram (username: fabulous_red)
Autumn 🍂 in Perth. #JustAnotherDayInWA
Sunrise across Canning River 🌅 #NoFilter #NoFilterNeeded
Some days I decide to go unshaved 🙈🙊
#TravelTuesday Circular Quay • Sydney 🐨🇦🇺
Autumn outfit inspiration!
Australia is now well into autumn which means we need to brace ourselves for the cooler weather and the rain too. I love this look from Acne Studios SS17 collection. You can recreate the above look with original pieces from Acne Studios or shop the alternatives below.
Ben Sherman Polo ($99)
Ralph Lauren Classic Polo ($120)
Country Road Wool Duffle Coat ($349)
Marcs Parka Jacket ($300)
Target Short Chinos ($25)
Maximise your workout
A lot of people think that running on treadmill is a waste of time. The truth is running outdoor is definitely more challenging than running on the treadmill. However, treadmill runs or workouts are absolutely not a waste of time. In fact, they offer a very effective training alternative for a variety of reasons, especially when running on the road is not an option.
Here’s how to use the treadmill to your advantage:
1. Simply add a one to two per cent incline. This slight incline will better mimic the energy demands necessary for an outdoor run. For a hill run, add more incline.
2. Since the treadmill belt assists with leg turnover, use this to help you increase your turnover by setting a faster pace on the treadmill. By speeding up for small increments of time, you can do speed workouts and develop faster leg turnover.
3. With run paces on the treadmill and the road not being equal, run by perceived exertion. If you need an easy run, go by feel, and keep it simple regardless of what the pace or mile per hour on the treadmill may say. Likewise, if you need a hard workout, go by feel rather than pace.
And here is one of my favourite treadmill workouts:
- Begin with a 5 to 10 minute warmup and put a one per cent incline on the treadmill.
- Start with an easy effort for 5 minutes.
- Bump up to a medium effort for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Increase to a hard effort for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Repeat this sequence as often as desired for time or mileage.
Adele says hello to Sydney!
Found this video on YouTube showcasing the one and only Adele belting out her Grammy-winning single, Hello at Sydney. I miss Adele performing live and her unfiltered jokes. She was pure talent. If you miss Adele’s concert or simply having major withdrawal post Adele’s concert, watch the link above.
40 years of Dancing Queen!
Do you know that one of ABBA’s greatest hits – Dancing Queen turned 40 years old this year? How crazy is this. I remembered my dad used to play (in fact he still plays them now) all of ABBA’s hits in his car. I also remembered too when I watched Mamma Mia starring Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried I could not help too but sing-a-long to this evergreen tune.
Make this Easter a meaningful one!
Whilst most Australians will sit down and enjoy our long Easter weekend eating hot cross buns, please do not forget that 1 in 3 Australians still needs the generosity of blood donors to help them keep going with their lives. If you want to make this year’s Easter a meaningful one, step up your game and donate blood, plasma or platelets. Your donation will help Australians to spend another festive season with their loved ones.
Find out if you are eligible to donate here and to make an appointment simply call 13 14 95.
From Kourtney Kardashian’s app.
The eldest Kardashian sister has been gluten free and dairy free for almost a year now. Throughout the year, she has shared so many different gluten free and dairy free recipes on her app. I do believe it is nice to change things up a little, after all we only live once.
- 1 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsbp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Sea salt
- Combine almond milk and vinegar in a mixing bowl and let it set for a few minutes.
- Add agave nectar and whisk and set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Coat the iron with non-stick spray with coconut oil and add 1/2 cup of the batter.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with blueberries and serve immediately.