10 best food for the mind and body!
Runner’s World Australia and New Zealand has listed 10 best food for the mind and body. Check them out and make sure you stock them up this weekend at your local market. Remember it is good to buy local produce and support your local farmers to keep your local economy afloat.
- Beans – high in antioxidants, fight inflammation
- Berries – decrease neuron loss and improve memory performance
- Colourful vegetables – rich in antioxidants
- Greens – slower brain decline rate
- Nuts – rich in fibre, Vitamin E
- Olive oil – high in healthy fat
- Poultry – Vitamin B12 in chicken and turkey fight age-related decay in brain
- Red wine – rich in antioxidants
- Salmon and seafood – rich in omega-3, development and maintenance of brain health
- Whole grains – B vitamins and Vitamin E help fight Alzheimer