Found this easy-to-make gluten free, dairy free, Paleo and vegan coconut bars that you can recreate at home. I love looking for recipes that use coconut (there are so many health benefits of coconut, you should Google it!) and I love recipes which use minimum ingredients and require minimum effort.
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan combine coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. Cook, stirring, over low heat, about 5 minutes, or until the shredded coconut has softened and absorbed some of the oil. Remove from heat, and add stir in the vanilla. Pour the mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Firmly pack the mixture down, and refrigerate for at least an hour. Cut into bars.
- If the coconut bars stick in the pan, place the pan in a shallow dish of hot water for a minute, and it will loosen, and come out.