Australia is blessed with fresh seafood and with the cold season around, we tend to go for deep fried aka unhealthy food to stay warm. I found this recipe that is gluten free, lactose free and suitable for paleo dieters. It uses healthier alternatives so that you will not be so guilty as you indulge in this food in the cold. I always think it is ok to cheat on your diet once in a while, as long as you do not do it excessively or regularly.
- 800 g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- coconut oil for frying
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Place the shredded coconut in a plate.
- Dip each prawn in the eggs then press in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the coconut oil to depth of 1/2 inch in a large skillet and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Fry the prawn in batches until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per batch.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.