As a huge fan of coconut, I cannot wait to get my hands on to try this recipe. Shoutout to Cooking and Beer for this healthy and yet delicious breakfast recipe. I am definitely eager to try this recipe out whenever I’m free next.
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almond butter (I used salted)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups almonds or almond slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if not using salted almonds or salted almond butter)
- 4 ounces (~120mL) at least 65% cacao dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- To a small saucepan, add the coconut oil. Melt over medium-low heat, and then whisk in the almond butter and honey until melty and smooth. Keep the pan over low heat while you prepare your dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, almonds and salt until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just moistened.
- Pour the granola onto 2 large baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Spread evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until evenly brown, stirring midway through.
- Remove from heat and cool COMPLETELY in the pan. Once completely cool, break up the granola as some of it may have stuck together in large clumps and stir in the dark chocolate chunks or chips.
- Store the granola in an airtight container for about a month. It is best served with Greek yogurt, or my personal favorite Greek frozen yogurt!