With the colder days heading to us, we tend to indulge in some dessert to keep ourselves warm. If you feel like guilt treating yourself, you can try making these gluten free coconut truffles.
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- ½ cup (100 grams) sugar
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) corn starch
- 2 sticks (250 grams) butter
- 1 cup +2 tbsp (200 grams) shredded coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup (100 grams) shredded coconut flakes
- Mix the corn starch and sugar in a saucepan. Add the milk, stirring well until well-mixed.
- Over medium heat, heat the mixture, stirring continuously to ensure that lumps do not form. When the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Let it cool complete.
- In a bowl beat the butter, add cream and coconut flakes and mix until it is completely blended in.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden a little so that you can shape them into balls at ease.
- Take a spoon of the mixture and form small balls. Add almond in the center and shape into a perfect ball.
- Place the shredded coconut flakes in a small bowl. Roll each truffles until fully coated.
- Stored in airtight container in a refrigerator for up to one week.
You can always replace milk with low fat or skim milk for healthier option, lactose-free, almond, rice or soy milk for lactose intolerant people. Happy baking!