I love cooking with coconut and my pantry is always stocked with coconut products, from coconut water to extra virgin coconut oil. Today I found a recipe that uses coconut as one of its ingredients to share with everyone. This will make a perfect party or picnic food, simple and delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups Japanese Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound large shrimp
- canola oil
- In a bowl combine flour, bread crumbs, coconut, sea salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs. Add the shrimp to the eggs and submerge.
- Pour canola oil into a large pot filling about 1 inch high and put heat to medium. Remove the shrimp a couple at time from egg mixture and dredge in flour and panko bowl. Then add them to hot oil to cook for 35-45 seconds or until golden brown. Flip half way through the cooking process.