I found this recipes on Yummly that requires literally only 2 ingredients and of course one of them is one of my favourite – coconut. Protein balls are a recent trend and so many shops are selling these balls. They are in fact really easy to make and you can DIY in your own kitchen and even with your children. Why spend so much money on something you can do with just 2 ingredients?
- 2 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 100g dark 70% chocolate
- Place 1 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut into a food processor, pulse a few times and then process for about 4 to 6 minutes until you get a smooth white paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl. Add the remaining 1 cup of the shredded coconut and mix until combined. Place the bowl in the fridge for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cover a cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To shape coconut balls, scoop the coconut mixture with a measuring spoon which is 1/2 tablespoon in size. Press the mixture firmly into the spoon with your thumb, then pop it out and gently shape into a ball. Place the ball on the parchment paper. Once you are done shaping all coconut balls, place them in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes until firm.
- In the meantime, melt the dark chocolate. Pour the melted chocolate into a small bowl. Using 2 forks, dip each coconut ball into the chocolate. Place the chocolate covered coconut balls back on the parchment paper. Once all coconut balls are covered in chocolate, place them in the fridge. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours until chocolate is set.
This recipe is suitable for gluten intolerant people and is absolutely vegetarian friendly. Replacing 70% dark chocolate with vegan friendly ones will make this suitable for vegans too.