Christmas holiday is officially over and now it is time for us to fall back to our usual routine and if you have indulged yourself a little too much over the holiday season, here is something healthy to get you started each day.
I found this easy-to-make recipe which uses coconut water and mango which is in season now in Australia. I could imagine this will be a really refreshing drink to indulge in every morning after your morning run and before you start working.
- ¼ cup (40g) almonds, soaked overnight
- 2 cups (110g) trimmed and chopped silver beet (Swiss chard)
- 2 cups (500ml) chilled coconut water
- 1 cup (200g) frozen chopped mango
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Drain and rinse the almonds thoroughly and place in a blender with the silver beet, coconut water, mango, cinnamon and honey.
- Blend for 1–2 minutes or until smooth. Makes 3 cups.