Here’s to the weekend and if you are looking for something to indulge and pamper yourself, I found this coconut macaroons recipe which only require 4 simple ingredients! It is something fun to do it with your kids too in the kitchen.
- 5 1/4 cups shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut and flour. This will help the sweetened condensed milk to stick to the coconut better.
- Add the vanilla extract to the can of sweetened condensed milk (it’s easier to mix it in this way).
- Then, mix in the sweetened condensed milk with the coconut.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a VERY greased baking sheet, parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Immediately remove from baking sheets.
- Store at room temperature.
- Optional: Drizzle with melted chocolate
Note: Contains gluten and lactose.