With the cold seasons in full swing now in Australia, we tend to indulge ourselves a little in the kitchen department. I found this recipe which I may want to try during the weekend for breakfast.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup fresh coconut water from a mature coconut, or 1 cup light coconut milk, which is available, canned, in the Asian section of grocery or health food stores
- 1½ tablespoons melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Whisk together the liquid ingredients (coconut milk, oil and egg) in another bowl.
- Combine until just mixed.
- Make the coconut pancakes as you would any other pancake. Enjoy!
Note that this recipe contains gluten and animal product. Readers please be aware that whilst I respect readers who are vegan and paleo, I would like to request for the respect to be extended to others too.
This recipe can be easily made into a gluten free pancake by replacing whole wheat flour with gluten free rice flour. Eggs can be either caged eggs and free range eggs from your local farmers and fresh market.