This week I have another wonderful winter warmer recipe. It looks so yummy and looking at the ingredients that goes into it make me even happier. This is a gluten-free recipe and best of all, it could be easily made into an organic or even vegan options for some people out there. Personally I am very satisfied with just normal ingredients. I do not need organic food or gluten-free option in my dietary. Have a look at this beautiful winter warmer. It sure looks tasty!
- 400 grams full fat coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1 yellow onion (large, chopped)
- 1 serrano chile (small, stemmed and chopped)
- 2 tsps fine sea salt
- 1.00 liters water
- 3 heads broccoli (~1 1/2 lb., cut into small florets)
- 3 handfuls spinach
- chive flowers
- toasted almonds
- Scoop a big spoonful of thick coconut cream from the top of the coconut milk can.
- Add it to a large pan over medium-high heat. When hot, stir in the garlic, onions, chile, and salt. Sauté for a couple minutes, just long enough for everything to soften up.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, and the water, and bring to a simmer before adding the broccoli and spinach. Simmer just long enough for the broccoli to get tender throughout, 2 – 4 minutes.
- Immediately remove the soup from heat and puree with an immersion blender.
- Add more water if you feel the need to thin the soup out. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve sprinkled with tofu cubes, toasted almonds, and lots of scallions.